This post won’t be too long. Mainly because after its complete I’ll be walking a few blocks to Sweet Box here in Philadelphia to live the #vicefriday dream and pick up some edible cookie dough.
Follow along on Instagram @justbebalanced — I’ll be leaving my full review there. That’s also where you’ll find all things fitness, food, and lululemon so- give it a follow and leave a comment or two around what content you want to see more of! While we’re on the shameless following topic- go ahead and click follow on the right of this page too so you get new recipes and such as soon as they’re live!
Enough of that.
These little Meatballs were perfect for meal prep this week. For the most part I just threw them on top of mixed greens, added some quinoa and salad dressing and called it a day. Easy weekday meals. That’s the name of the game when you’re working 3 jobs and a single dog mom. 😂
But really, these were so good. And I used my current obsession- green chile salsa in them. Which I find it weird calling it salsa- in Texas we just called it hot sauce. So- there is a random fact for you to take with you.
- 1lb lean ground turkey
- 4tbsp green chile salsa (aka hot sauce to me)
- 46g egg whites (or 1 large egg white if you don’t measure)
- 4g garlic paste
- 4oz mashed sweet potato (I used a golden sweet potato- regular are fine though)
Macro Breakdown: per serving- Carbs: 7g, Protein: 25g, Fat: 8g
- Combine sweet potato, garlic, egg white, and salsa until they are mixed thoroughly
- Fold in ground turkey
- Heat a large nonstick pan to medium heat
- Use a small melon baller to measure out equal sized mini Meatballs—pro tip: wet your hands so the meat doesn’t stick to them while you’re rolling the Meatballs
- Add Meatballs to pan and brown on all sides- you may have to do this in waves since they won’t all fit at once
- Once you’ve seated the sides of all of the meat balls add them all to the pan and turn heat to mid/low or low
- Cover the Meatballs so they can cook through- it only took mine about 5mins to finish cooking
- Serve on mixed greens or with side of your choice! Enjoy!