This was good. Like, really good. I’ve seen deconstructed egg roll recipes before but when I was home this weekend my stepdad was telling me about the deconstructed shrimp egg roll he made and that spoke straight to my soul. I made a few changes from what he did but that’s just because I wanted a little heat thrown in.
I’m at my highest macro levels since the beginning of my macro counting journey. It’s been a little bit of a mind game reversing from stage weight to muscle building. It’s called improvement season for a reason- so I have been really intentional about focusing on my performance in workouts and building those glutes over the number on the scale. I’ll be doing a show in October or November (I keep going back and forth) so the increased macro levels will come down here soon. And then my longer improvement season will begin for show season in 2018. Unless there are any life changes – like a baby in my belly. But we’ll leave that up to science and the fertility gods and I’m sure I’ll post about that journey once it officially begins.
In my last post I wrote about waiting to hear results from some pretty big tests. Thank you to all of you for the outpouring of love, prayers, and well wishes. I had just begun to accept my diagnosis of severe adenomyosis and endemetriosis and was recovering from my second surgery treating that when I got an infection that knocked me out. Luckily that infection brought attention to some other things going on and they found out I have low immunoglobulin G and LDH levels. This basically just means my body cannot efficiently fight infections and that is why what would be small for some completely knocks me out. SO- we have some answers my friends. And everything will continue to be monitored to make sure I don’t have to start transfusions. I am not sure if I’m in shock or just tired but I was actually relieved to hear that was the diagnosis thus far. So again, thank you for the love and support and if you are battling anything health wise I just want you to know there are people out there to support you and love you through it. And one of those people is me!
In sickness or in health- these deconstructed shrimp rolls are DELISH and are packed with shrimp unlike those daggum takeout shrimp rolls.
- 1 lb raw deveined shrimp
- 4g ginger paste
- 8g red chili paste (from the produce section)
- 12g garlic paste
- 1 oz low sodium soy sauce
- 40g minced onion
- 10g canola oil
- 1 package Asian Slaw Mix
Macro Breakdown: per serving- Carbs: 12g, Protein: 50g, Fat: 9g
- Combine shrimp, soy sauce, ginger paste, red chili paste, and 8g garlic paste in a container- seal and marinate for an hour or up to overnight (I did overnight)
- Heat a large pan or wok with canola oil to medium heat
- Add minced onion to pan and cook until translucent
- Add garlic and once its heated through add slaw mix
- Stir mix in pan continuously so it doesn’t overcook
- Once the slaw has softened and begun to cook remove it from the heat to a container or plate
- Add shrimp to the pan you just removed the slaw from. Include the sauce
- Once shrimp has cooked through add slaw back in and combine
- Once your shrimp and slaw have cooked to your liking place on the serving platter of your choice. Enjoy!