If you haven’t noticed I’m really in to sweet and savory flavor combination. They’re like a match made in heaven. I just refuse to accept that healthy food has to be boring. So let’s keep the bland food for peak week only.
I’m two days away from a week in the mountains with my family. Excited is an understatement. Google underground sea in Tennessee- that’s one of my stops. We rented a huge lodge so I’ll still be able to prep my food but I’m going in to the week being ok with not being in complete control of my food. I’m still in my reverse so the good news is I still have a decent amount of wiggle room in my macros.
The reason I don’t post my specific macros is because it is important to know and understand nutrition is really individualized. What works for one person isn’t what works for all. I’m working with four people right now and they all have different plans because they all have different bodies. They all have different goals. There is no one size fits all.
These burgers are super easy. Go for the leaner burgers if you are watching your fat macros. There has been a request for a protein prep post so know I’m working on that for you guys!
• 4 90/10 Jennie O turkey burgers
• 2 tsp cinnamon
• 3 tsp paprika
• 2 tsp sea salt
• 4 fresh pineapple rings (not canned!!)
Macro Breakdown: per serving- Carbs: 16g, Protein: 42g, Fat: 18g
- Preheat your grill to medium heat
- Combine paprika, cinnamon,and sea salt
- Season both sides of burgers and pineapple with your dry rub
- preheat your grill to med/high heat
- place burgers and pineapple on grill turning once to cook on both sides…and get those beautiful grill marks
- Serve on a bed of lettuce and stacked with two burgers and two pineapple rings per serving Enjoy!